Davinci Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft fanatics

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout it!

ShoutMix chat widget

WodniX server

Go down 
+9
berserk
Theaker
Dvotar
-Alla-Xul-
Symbiont
doelo
Gizmo
babyface
Newcleus
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dvotar
Just popping in
Dvotar

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-06

WodniX server - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:15 pm

babyface wrote:
Quote :
btw.. where is that quote button? xD

1. WodniX server - Page 2 Quote1hk2

WodniX server - Page 2 Quote2pb2

yea.. now the button is there.. there wasnt a button b4 i posted it XD

Newcleus wrote:
Dvotar wrote:
just wait for iceace to be online for more fun ^^
i am atm playing on gorgoroth.. all stuff goes pretty fast.. althrough i still miss that TSC isnt there..
lol man, with Lowlands I mean Iceage (Gorgoroth etc.). Btw about TSC: I'm glad they are not around to defend EP/WP like the last period on Dav Smile I can now freely go there...

yea.. wait untill iceace is back on.. my paly is there too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:11 am

I know the best times Smile with naxx and naxx pvp's Very Happy getting nerubian slavemaker and ninjalooting gizmo's THC XD, yes it was nice almost as nice as my bugged feign death Razz (theaker sux Razz)
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male
Number of posts : 165
Humor : South Park!

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:07 pm

naah.. best time was with the bigger goldrate on SW and oggri guards.. never seen so much pvp on davinci Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male
Number of posts : 216
Humor : No

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:51 pm

Caesar wrote:
yeh.. but I'd watch out with what ur gonna say at forum.. the new admin called Iceman is like a 3 years old kid
I'm currently enjoying my second 6-day Permanent ban, received it 5 minutes after my first 2-day nonposting ban was done

for what?
having an opinion wich didn't show his brightest side

turned up some friends against him too.. but most are to chicken to say anything.. others who attempted got silenced imidiatly.. telling they would get a ban too etc :
Lol man, you still didn't learn? Smile This is exactly what happened when u guys just started on Lowlands at first. I thought u guys by now understood that it's not the same as it was on Dav. Dav turns out to be some anarchic server where everybody could do more or less what he wanted (and maybe that's one of the reaons we liked it that much).

So maybe you should go with the flow man..! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:22 pm

New you don't understand this completely.

Ceasar can't even give his opinion or iceman gives him a temp ban.
So why can't we give our opinion its not a fight its a discussion.
And thats the weird part of it what i don't get.
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male
Number of posts : 464
Humor : Lolertanus.

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Gizmo wrote:
New you don't understand this completely.

Ceasar can't even give his opinion or iceman gives him a temp ban.
So why can't we give our opinion its not a fight its a discussion.
And thats the weird part of it what i don't get.

new completely understands Razz

do you XD?
Back to top Go down
http://reddepaddo.nl/
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:06 pm

actually aceindy has always been nice.. the others weren't very helpfull and nice.. but look at our behaviour instead..

besides.. they did not run away from their probs.. iceman does Wink soon I'll work on my public post towards him.. (I explained him if he'd ban me again for no reason I would go on public..)
hope to get enough attention in time before he deletes and bans me again Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Caesar,

What I mean is that u have to accept the fact that Ice, or whatever his name is, can ban u if u don't do as he tells u to. This is different than you were used to on Dav, I guess.

So, don't oppose this guy, but "go with the flow". It won't help you to annoy him. If I understand correctly, he is the admin of a server that Ace's server has merged with.

@Giz, So: no, you can't give your opinion. Why not accept that you can't discuss these things? Would make your life on that forum/server a lot easier...
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:01 pm

New we discussing stuff about wow and he temps ban people discussing is part of a forum. Not that you give them a temp ban after 1 post. Its clear that everyone can gives his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm

I"m not asking u to help.. I"m informing u so u know the situation.. there were u will be needing help sooner or later he will reply to you with: "no you are not right, I think this is no bug so it is no bug, like it or not, if you say I am wrong you get ban"

he won't say this directly.. but it will come down to this..
I'm not fighting him for myself.. I"m fighting him because he shouldn't act like a dictator..

now the situation with ace was diffrent.. even though some of us complained about that it took so long for our characters go get he still kept on working.. calming everyone down.. not bossing around..
that is what you ment right?
(oh.. aceindy and iceman are 2 diffrent persons Razz)
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Caesar wrote:
I"m not asking u to help.. I"m informing u so u know the situation..

I'm not fighting him for myself.. I"m fighting him because he shouldn't act like a dictator..

now the situation with ace was diffrent.. even though some of us complained about that it took so long for our characters go get he still kept on working.. calming everyone down.. not bossing around..
(oh.. aceindy and iceman are 2 diffrent persons Razz)
Lol ok, but u know I always "help" without being asked Wink. Btw I know they r 2 guys. I guess Ace is an "old" guy who is a bit more sensible (like yours truly? Wink). Ice seems more like a guy who is tired of "stupid users on his server", but I don't know him at all.... Anyway, you won't "win" so what's the point?

Ehm ok, again some unwanted advice: ask Ace about this. Let Ace talk to Ice about this, because he will listen to Ace...

And @Giz: Get used to it that ppl have more strict rules about forum then on Dav. I experienced it too and yes it sucks, but they idd move topics, ban and stuff. If u don't like it, then you might do what I did: leave that forum... (not talking about Lowlands forum btw).
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 7:42 pm

yep, you don't know him Wink but well.. I got a screen of him calling all davinci players noobs.. I read a topic (wich seems to be completely deleted) in wich he made a fool of warchild..
I talked with about those things with old Burning Revolution players who have exact the same opinion, who had exact the same problems but beaten him Wink
that was one of the reasons for him to merge..

I sended pm to ace twice.. he doesn't reply.. some others send pm's too..
I'd advise to look after him on forum.. but as he deletes all evidence it's almost useless Razz
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 pm

New im used to it im on more forums then only this and lowlands one.
Back to top Go down
aceindy
Just popping in

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:47 am

Hmmmmy 1st post...wished it was about something else.
Newcleus wrote:
Ehm ok, again some unwanted advice: ask Ace about this. Let Ace talk to Ice about this, because he will listen to Ace...

I have received several PM's about it; I also tried to talk Iceman about it, but he still get's angry.
It's also hard for me to get involved, as I don't know exactly what happened (do I even want to get involved?), so I advise to let things cool down a bit, or even drop it.

Maybe it helps to explain a bit?
I have been in similar situations before, and it's situations like these that can break severs. We (Iceman is a developer, just like me. ) spend every free second in improving the server (we do most bug fixes ourselves, we follow our own svn and don't rely on Burlex).
Due to the fact that we spend every sec of free time into it, we don't handle critics well. We do our best, and still some people complain beyond normal. Sometimes this leads to situations like the one we have now. And if you look from it from outside; it's most of the time the 'heat of the moment', most of the time about trivial things.
I have been a such a point 2 years ago, and if it wasn't for Gorm (admin Gorgoroth), I would have quit back then. He proposed a merge, so we had GM team for dealing with in game issues, while I had more time for development.

I hope you all realise we (Iceman, Gorm and me) do this all for our (and your!) fun.
If we get annoyed, there is not much stimulation to continue.
This doesn't mean you have to suck yourself up, but don't annoy admins either,

So as Nucleus said earlier, it's not worth it.

It's just a game afterall...
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Lol Ace, I'm still curious to know how "the organisation" is arranged on Lowlands. Like I said earlier, Dav had the answer: Dav was never involved, since he is also a developper, I guess. He left these things to Fainewed. Everybody liked her, not only because she is a girl, but also because she solved these things...

Btw, don't forget you're dealing here with the "forum guys" (like Caesar, Theaker, Gizmo etc). As you know, most players are not active on forum. These guys are, and imho know what they r talking about. Unwanted advice: why not take them seriously?

@Caesar: Who says Ice is not right, maybe Dav ppl r n00bs? Smile But don't forget ppl who run a server sometimes think they r god. You won't win this, so just talk to Ace and forget about Ice. Btw Warchild still playing? Must be max level by now...

Anyway, since you're here, Ace: don't mind admitting in the open that I applied for a "job" with you guys. But how u guys run the server with all these "technical" guys remains mysterious to me. Why not find somebody who takes the sh*t, so you guys can focus completely on development, servers, backups etc. Would make life a lot easier....

Anyway, it might be a game, but the guys here on forum tend to take it very serious...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Should i move this topic to Lowlands section? Wink Btw, wellcome Ace. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://davincicommunity.forumotion.com
-Alla-Xul-
Quite a regular
-Alla-Xul-

Male
Number of posts : 148

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Well ... development and GMs should be taken apart ...
Developers should only get the chance to test out bugs with their char but have no authority with player issues.
Also with Dav players are all n00bs .... can you really fucking understand that as an insult I mean ... its like arguing with a 5 yr old geek...

Look my point is Development isn't to be mixed with player relations ... also its good to have people that know how to take an insult and ignore it or backfire it in the right direction then to have people that can't handle pressure from players.
Its not about Fain ... she was a good talker and always willing to compromise ,also she wasn't a GM. She was in develpment and moderation but she didn't interfere with player relations ...
The thing is Dav always picked good GMs ... I think everybody has to agree on this ... even when I was pissed I know it was with no right ... they all did their job very good ... they were always talkative and open ... and not to forget they were all hardworking.

Now the issue you have Ace is ... you have a closed pissy individual runing things in his own way and messing with player relations ... I don't know if he is hardworking ...
But there is a huge problem there ... you know you will get more complaints ... its a bit late to ignore the problem now ...

Thats just my opinion ... take it as you like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/isusmen
aceindy
Just popping in

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Yep...good GM's are indeed hard to find.

And about Iceman's status; he has same status as I have. Only difference is that he has more time to spend :-/
One of the problems devs are are facing is that sometimes it's imperative to be ingame as a developer.
In Iceman's case even more then I, as he is mainly working on boss spells /scripting, while I am working more on the structure (believe me, you won't be happy if I turn up ingame, as I will freeze server often to check some parameters whilst debuggin). Unfortunatly, there is no other way of debugging these instance scripts then from ingame with a raid.

Offoarse player look at things from their perscpective, as we look at it from our admin point of view.
And no matter what we do or fix, there will always be players feeling different.
Please realise we have about 5000 active characters, it's impossible to solve all bugs/requests/complains AND keep everybody happy at the same time.
Sometime I see discusions passing by on the server, and I realsie it's a good thing those people are not living close;
I am confinced that would certainly result in physical violence Wink

I hope you realise that:
- we do it for fun
- we hope you get fun out of it too
and to be strict...
- you are a guest on our servers

Guess I don;'t have anything else to say about it, so......game on Smile
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:32 pm

actually I think my point is slowly fading away..
because in this case I was complaining about behaviour..
I am not aware wether Iceman knows but his way of talking to ppl is in some cases extremely rude.. I tried to point him at this matter.. but he simply said I should shut up or ban (wich I got now twice already.. ask him for a reason and he has none)

it has slightly to do with ingame.. since this one time ingame conversations ran out of hands too in wich he started banning other people for no reason either.. this is abusive of power..
I know it is hard too see.. as iceman keeps deleting all public posts.. but it is not behaviour wich is acceptable of an admin.. aswell a guesst (as you like to call us)
till so far the guesst has always remained friendly.. even if they did have the opinion iceman is a rude dictator..
so the problem is iceman.. not us.. I just stood up cause he was rude to some friend.. giving me a 2-day nonposting ban and a 6 day permanent ban

this futher has nothing to do with ingame things.. I know lowlands team is doing a great job on the server
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Yep, so I think I can safely say/predict that most (Dav) players will move on. Since my feeling is that this is not going anywhere.

Also because these "forum" guys are not n00bs, they know that there is more out there than just Lowlands.

No offense, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 5:00 pm

lol, so you let yourself being bullied away by some admin who thinks he's god?
If this server wanna grow and make more ppl happy then they're doing bad business here.. what if unknown ppl now ask me for my opinion about lowlands? what if unknown ppl ask other lowland players about the server?

besides yes, I see more dav ppl leaving to the 2.4 server I'm currently on.. but that doesn't mean we don't wanna play lowlands anymore
that would be like one big middlefinger to aceindy who worked so hard for our characters..
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Caesar wrote:
lol, so you let yourself being bullied away by some admin who thinks he's god?
If this server wanna grow and make more ppl happy then they're doing bad business here.. what if unknown ppl now ask me for my opinion about lowlands? what if unknown ppl ask other lowland players about the server?
Lol, that's what happens when you leave it up to the "technical" people to run a server!

Sorry, that I'm a bit irritating about this, but this is my view on it. Glad you care about this, though (I don't).
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:23 pm

in a normal society that shouldn't happen at all.. it's not like admin are whole other kind.. they're humans like you and me, like gm's etc.. so when you and me can be nice, a gm can be nice.. why an admin shouldn't be able to?
when someone acts in a certain way wich annoys others.. then this person should adjust to the community..

saying a admin who replies to posts is guarantee for fights makes totally no sense :/

and ofcourse I care.. I discussed this matter with many people.. and you're this first one with this point of view Wink
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 pm

The thing is that iceman doesn't need to delete all those posts. The public can see it also. So they also can say there opinion what they think off it.
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Caesar wrote:
and ofcourse I care.. I discussed this matter with many people.. and you're this first one with this point of view Wink
Ok man, sorry bout that... Wink

@Gizmo: I guess most ppl won't say their opinion, they will proly go with the flow...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WodniX server   WodniX server - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WodniX server
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next