Davinci Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft fanatics

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout it!

ShoutMix chat widget

What happened to Wodnix

Go down 
+2
Ice Flame
Newcleus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male
Number of posts : 216
Humor : No
Registration date : 2008-03-05

What happened to Wodnix Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 1:40 pm

babyface wrote:
Btw New : What exactly did happen with WodNix
server?Why was the name changed?Didn't you guys have 2 realms (1 fun
and 1 blizzlike)? And what did WodNix say about the change?
All in all i can understand how you feel.Maybe now you will spend your time as you said you wanted to some time ago Wink ?

Ok, let's post a small summary:

The name did not change. We were thinking of a new name for the fun realm (Lolo was planning to run the fun realm). But Wodnix (Zeus), due to the hardware troubles, decide not to run the server anymore. So, Lolo took over the db and became the new admin.

Zeus helped Lolo out in the background for a while, but I think he is not active anymore. Not long ago, Lolo had a problem with the db and decided to start a PvP server (EotS) in stead.

Me? I applied for a "job" at Lowlands Shocked some time ago.

About time: because been doing this for years, know I have (had) always time fitted in between real life for doing stuff related to wow. I guess this will be like this for a bit longer, until u guys decide to move on as well...
Back to top Go down
Ice Flame
Just popping in

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 pm

it got ppl now but most n00bs Neutral but in exchange it lost many good players that didn't come back and think some will not ever come and now i miss a lot of them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Ice Flame wrote:
it got ppl now but most n00bs Neutral but in exchange it lost many good players that didn't come back and think some will not ever come and now i miss a lot of them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yo Ice man (lol), I saw your (goodbye) post on eots server and wanted to respond. What I wanted to say is that WodniX does not exist anymore, so everybody should go PvP on eots. Lolo decided to make it PvP in stead of Blizzlike and I respect that, it's his server after all.

Ofc I understand that many will not like PvP sever and go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male
Number of posts : 464
Humor : Lolertanus.

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:41 pm

wtf means eot(s) XD?
Back to top Go down
http://reddepaddo.nl/
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Eye of the Storm PvP server http://eots.game-server.cc/
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:51 am

lol so eot is the (new) wodnix so to say?

tought i was a typ of server lewlz.

or is it XD?
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:21 am

Theaker wrote:
lol so eot is the (new) wodnix so to say?
Yep, but it's not only a name change.

Btw I think EotS is just a name, but I let you know if it's a type of server,ok? Razz
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:54 pm

understand all now Razz

i tought eots was some sort of new server type. like instant 70 server highrate blizzlike bla bla. now i know its the (new wodnix) name i fully get every post with eot in it Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Yeah, just to have the story complete:

Eots seems off-line for some time now. I'm quite sure that this server is not active anymore.

So where should we go now? Smile
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:20 pm

legion and our old chars ofc Smile
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:00 pm

Newcleus wrote:
Yeah, just to have the story complete:

Eots seems off-line for some time now. I'm quite sure that this server is not active anymore.

So where should we go now? Smile

who is we exacly?

which ppl?
Back to top Go down
Tyrael
Just popping in
Tyrael

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 am

How very unfortunate of an ending for the WodNix server. I had did some poking around when I noticed the website/forum went offline for some time. I had wondered what happened...and now I know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey man, great to see that you've found this forum!

The odds of actually finding it is small, since there is no real reference from the former Wodnix url's (that's what happens if you leave it up the the "technial" guys; no I'm not frustrated Sad).

Anyway, it's posts like this that makes me come back to this forum regularly... Smile (so, thx man!)
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:48 pm

maybe this dude knows more wod dudez. and will gife them all this link XD?Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Yeah, good idea Theak! Btw Aidan/Tyrael is the first Wodnix guy to find this place! (He was not on Davinci). But both servers are gone, unfortunately... Crying or Very sad

So what would you guys recommend? Should he start on Lowlands or wowlegion....?
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male
Number of posts : 165
Humor : South Park!

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 6:04 pm

dunno whats best atm

I check lowlands every once in a while just for ppl and characters.. I don't want to stay there as withing 2 hours time I lost all fun of playing the game there..

legion starts to bore a bit too.. I like lvling there due the mass amount of world pvp, but unfortunatly my second character just got 70..
and I lack the loyalty of players there.. most simply change guild for almost no reason

lowlands is now fully blizzlike I believe.. meaning 1x
legion seems to compare bugged quests etc, having the same as davinci used to have wich is 3x
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:47 pm

ill say go legion.

not cuz i wanna play with that dude. thats cuz i dont realy know him

but cuz imo legion is much more better.
atleast it is for me Razz when talking about pvp Razz.

raids. ah wel. i started raiding bt and hyjal like last week. but nothing special there. bosses cast 1 or to spellz. but mostly. not realy deadly. exept for mom who has some mass crap and vew others.

so if lowlands is more blizz also in instances imo choice is simple

ya a raider? go lowlands
ya a pvper? go legion
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Yeah, for you guys it's easy cus u have char's on both servers...! Smile

Aidan/Tyrael is from the US, btw. I tend to go with Caesar, because Lowlands has more of the "old Davinci spirit". I mean, go offi (high population, duh) and you'll see less ppl... I mean, the higher the population, the less you seem to know ppl. But seeing more than 100 ppl on-line is still impressive to me (especially knowing the old days with max 30 ppl on-line cap).

Btw also check that recent post by Ace on this forum. He is aiming for quality of the Lowlands servers (instances etc.).
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:25 pm

maybe so, but for the real blizzlike feeling you need both: high population + hard bosses etc. atm lowlands is too low in quantity, and legion too low in quality. for ex. on lowlands the auction house doesnt have a big function, while it should if u want to 'really' play the game. but on legion bosses are too easy, and thus everyone walks around with full t6 which takes the fun away as well. imo wowscape should make their bosses a bit harder and the rates a bit lower, to be really unique as a private server.
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:32 pm

doelo wrote:
maybe so, but for the real blizzlike feeling you need both: high population + hard bosses etc.
No, for the real blizzlike feeling you need to go offi.... Smile

I must say auction house on Iceage helped me 10 times better than on Dav! True, still not offi-like (I assume Embarassed ), but always a lot of stuff available. Only few things usefull ofc, but some time ago I spent more time auctioning than levelling.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Newcleus wrote:
but some time ago I spent more time auctioning than levelling.... Shocked

loool that sounds fimliar Razz!

omfg i spendes shit loads of time on legion checking ah. imo it ownz made shit loads of money. didnt got 1 lvl int rouble with mount always had enough money to buy it right away Razz
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 pm

heh i made 15k gold in 3 days with socket business:P
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:35 am

omg dude

you still ow me 2 agi and 1 crit gem !!! @@ Razz
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male
Number of posts : 165
Humor : South Park!

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:56 pm

offi doens't seem to be an option here Razz

imho both legion as lowlands have davinci spirit
lowlands frankly, is now more serbian then english.. if they won't take matters to that I guess it'll only result into ppl to leave.. (wich already happened)
legion seems like the best place for worldpvp.. meanwhile lvling you meet hordes everywhere.. so if you enjoy pvp it's nice.. meanwhile there are several save spots in wich you can lvl a bit..
badsides is the amount of noobs (70's going to lowlvl area's and kill the lowlvls)

at this moment I prefer legion.. simply because the amount of pvp is bigger.. and there are always raids.. lowlands need to put clear rules about language in order to grow and make both raids and a lot pvp possible.. if they don't.. they could simply switch the name iceace back to burning revolution Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Wodnix   What happened to Wodnix Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to Wodnix
Page 1 of 1