Davinci Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft fanatics

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout it!

ShoutMix chat widget

Frisian language

Go down 
+3
Caesar
Newcleus
babyface
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female
Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Caesar wrote:
Quote :
Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" (literally, "that which was to be demonstrated"). The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a mathematical proof or philosophical argument, to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated, so the proof is complete.

et voila
so it is posible with a lill efort Smile and he is also dutch Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male
Number of posts : 216
Humor : No

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Theaker wrote:
u forgot where im from XD?
lol I thought it was Madpharmacist who said that, sorry....
Btw. when I forget where u from than there's definitely sth seriously wrong with me.... Very Happy

But u guys make this too complicated...? I just wanted to know what Lys *meant* by saying q.e.d. Did Lys just wanted to say: Indeed! (If yes, than this makes more sense to me than finding the meaning of q.e.d. somewhere on the Internet... Embarassed Smile If no, then don't bother, cause then I proly won't get it anyway.... Smile ).
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male
Number of posts : 165
Humor : South Park!

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 7:53 pm

Quote :
so it is posible with a lill efort Smile and he is also dutch Razz

actually I'm Frisian, although I do know dutch..
and believe me, makes a huge diffrence ^_^
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male
Number of posts : 464
Humor : Lolertanus.

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 8:07 pm

annyways. so u also talk that frisian language XD? and dutch? lol
can u talk normal dutch. or if u try to its like. sounding uber funny ?Razz

Edited by Admin: This is only English topic
Back to top Go down
http://reddepaddo.nl/
doelo
Not too shy to talk

Number of posts : 82

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

yes if we try to speak dutch it sounds a bit like helium talking.. and when we try to speak english.. we can't pwonounce the 'r' then
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 pm

LOL

omg. im gonna ring marians phone soon. gotta hear that lol Smile)
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female
Number of posts : 329

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:01 pm

@ New: i meant q.e.d.=what it was to be demonstrated.If u look at the topic there are some funny situations which were not clear so to say and some1 made a good point without me interferring thing which made it a very funny and "cute' situation.Anyway..on short, like in math the problem was solved and i just put the "well done" qualify at the end of it just like i do in math Razz no biggy^_^
As for explanations, well ceasar prooved that there is no ned to allways receive them from other because u can do them also Wink
@Caesar: i did not know u'r true origin as i do not know u at all.All i knew was that u live in NL (if that's correct) and u can speak dutch.I justdraw some conclusions Very Happy My apologies.I did not know .
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Caesar wrote:
actually I'm Frisian, although I do know dutch..
and believe me, makes a huge diffrence ^_^
Oh no, not that again! Wink

@Lys: This guy is just as dutch as the others (makes really no difference). Only things is that these ppl have their own language (so when they speak dutch it may sound strange to other dutch... Smile ).

Anyway, imho it's funny that ppl tend to keep their own stuff (like very local language), while the rest of the world is getting more global (more and more English speaking)...
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Quote :
so u also talk that frisian language XD? and dutch?

doh! :/
it's actually stupid rest of holland doesn't know a single word of it ;p if Tjerk and me would start talking frisian on this forum.. guess noone would understand Wink
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Caesar wrote:
if Tjerk and me would start talking frisian on this forum.. guess noone would understand Wink
Lol I would! Wink It's not *that* hard...
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 am

omg u even have own grammer?

like if if u typ the same sentance in Dutch or Fries its not the same XD?

rofl i srsly didnt kno that
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:16 pm

ehh.. yeh, frisian words are spelled and said diffrent.. Razz
ur knowlegde about frisian is quite horrible for someone living so near :/
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 pm

well. yeah i gues lol.

all i knew is that fries was this dialect. never had anny cleu that they also have there own grammar and stuff rofl. like. how coulda i kno Razz? non ever told me XD

but like. cant u type a random sentance here in english. then dutch. then in fries. im curiouse about the difference:P
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:04 pm

guess I'd be needing Doelo his help :p as they don't learn you to write frisian here Razz some parents just teach you to talk Wink
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:21 pm

so u only talk frisian? u cant write frisian?
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Theaker wrote:
so u only talk frisian? u cant write frisian?
Lol, ofc you can! Just like you can write Limburgs, Haags or Gronings.... But only Frisian is considered a real language.

Guess spelling is only learned on schools in Friesland and I'm not sure if it is a mandatory subject. Maybe not if Casesar don't know it that well.... Smile

Btw. why not write a sentence here and see if we can guess what it means... Theak can try 1st, ok? Wink
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:19 pm

New then explain me this? How come that in near the achterhoek. And they talk also a dialect there. But thats a bit harder to write because. If you wanna say something in that dialect you most times dont use a few letters. In the words you say but if you need to write it then you use them. So if you dont know that then its a bit complicated.
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

Number of posts : 82

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 am

Gizmo wrote:
New then explain me this? How come that in near the achterhoek. And they talk also a dialect there. But thats a bit harder to write because. If you wanna say something in that dialect you most times dont use a few letters. In the words you say but if you need to write it then you use them. So if you dont know that then its a bit complicated.
ik begryp hielendal neat fan wat'st seist jong, sa kin ik dy wer Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 11:53 am

doelo wrote:
I don't understand at all what you are saying man, but this is how I know you...

(Ooops, really really sorry I couldn't resist... Embarassed Theak, next sentence is for u... Btw did u guessed it as well?)

@admin: lol sorry, only on this forum we can go soooo off-topic. Lys is a nice girl, but this has absolutely nothing to do with what she is doing know. Can you split it off to a new topic, please?
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:41 pm

hmm... new, have you, except for us, other contacts in friesland?Razz
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 pm

doelo wrote:

looool

ik gegryp - ik begrijp
hielendal - ?XD er helemaal???Razz
neat fan - niets van?
wat'st seist jong - wat is er man?Razz ja toch :O?
sa kin ik dy wer - zo ken ik je weer XD? lol.

conciddering the fact my grandma from my father side life in "staphorst" and have this "kledendracht" bla bla. some things sound fimiliar lol. but im not sure if this is correct lewlz.

kidna funny Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Well done, Theak. Guess this sentence was not that hard...

@Caesar: Smile lol, so you remembered that I once told my grandfather was 100% Fries...
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 4:57 pm

no actually, but easy guess as most dutch ppl have a hard time translating frisian Razz
remember last year in Groningen together with a friend, noone there quite understood us when the friend and I talked to each other (in frisian ofc:P)
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:20 pm

lol. Btw that is funny, 'cause I always think Fries and Gronings are similar (but that's just me thinking that Wink ).

Still think Fries is not that hard (ever heard ppl talk really Limburgs? For me that is more like a "language" than Fries, but anyway).

Maybe, when you really want it you can understand any language. Maybe even Romanian is not that hard to understand? (except for those latin abreviations Wink )

@Giz: Also think Gronings and Achterhoeks are similar, but ppl told me it's something completely different...
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:32 pm

perhaps thats cause of your grandfather, + the fact that you live quite near frisian Razz (about a hour away by car?) (Btw, you live near the beach? ;p)

Quote :
Maybe, when you really want it you can understand any language. Maybe even Romanian is not that hard to understand?

try to understand some polish sentences, then look at that sentence again ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frisian language Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisian language
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Davinci Community :: Other languages- Tests-
Jump to: