Davinci Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft fanatics

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout it!

ShoutMix chat widget

WodniX history

Go down 
+2
babyface
Newcleus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male
Number of posts : 216
Humor : No
Registration date : 2008-03-05

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:28 pm

History of WodniX

Part 1 (The old days)

Years ago in summer 2005 on Davinci server, two players met in the barren wasteland of Westfall. One (a warlock by the name of Warzeuss) was talking to a female warrior (Xena, what a hopeless name btw) when a low lvl warrior (Newcleus) passed by. The small conversation was in fact the beginning of what is Wod today, but was unknown at that time.

Warzeuss was an old skool Davinci player who had already set up a small (test) server. But on Davinci, both players end up in Power of the Unity guild. Later, Warzeuss creates a new guild The Orange Alliance which holds some new (all Dutch) players. Two of these players rAz and Feenixes have intention to start their own server.

WodniX history Toa_ju11

Half a year later, beginning of october 2006, Davinci server is planning the switch from old Emu to Mango's (tough times, because of two servers running not many ppl on-line). At that time, rAz and Feenixes start their own Mango's server. Zeus becomes GM there to learn more about running a server and being GM. Newcleus also starts on rAz server, but asks for level 40. Long story, but this gets him banned in the end. He suspects it's Zeus who got him banned. He returns to Dav, because Davinci converts every char from old emu to new Mango's server.

End of 2006, Zeus mails everybody he knows to ask to join his new server. He has left rAz server, because rAz and Feenixes are too strict about rules. But unintended, Newcleus also gets this mail and is still angry about the fact he got banned. Anyway, they manage to clear the air and Newcleus checks out the new server, called Nemesis at that time. After some discussion in-game, Zeus decides to add Newcleus to the GM team. In fact, the idea is to use the same "format" as on Davinci server. Many things in the earlier days were in fact "borrowed" from Davinci. In these early days there were only two ppl on-line, discussing how to run the server.

Newcleus starts the search for new players. On-line on ftd (forum about binary newsgroups) he meets a guy that by accident has the same initials as he has and this confusion leads to two guys trying Nemesis server. Some more friends of these guys also start on Wod. All of these guys are still active today (Darkskele/Namine, Pryon, Zalazar etc.) and are all from the same school somewhere in the Netherlands. Through the same forum two other players come to wod (Loeren and Annd/Amaran). Another player, Shunra, also finds Wod server and turns out to be a guy who can help Wod with server and db.

WodniX history First_10

In summer 2007, rival rAz's (Feenix) server ends. From one day to the other the server is gone, without a decent word from the admins. Newcleus, not a big fan of this server, comes to the temp forum that the ppl have set-up. He tries to convince the players to come to Wod, but in the end they decide to go elsewhere. In the meantime, Shunra is added to the GM team (as GM Hypnos).

Part 2 (Davinci server down)

Few months later, the famed Davinci server also ends. This great server that has been around from the beginning of private servers has been discontinued. Again, there is a temp forum where ppl discuss what to do next. Davinci has arranged that all player accounts will be transferred to another server. But Newcleus does not accept that and offers all Davinci players an alternative. After some discussion, one horde guild is interested in making the switch to Wod.

So Systematic Chaos guild starts on Wod. But the switch is far from easy. Some people from Davinci server go elsewhere, but also many of them try Wodnix server. Unfortunately, the remainder of Dav server is not that big anymore and even most of the old players either went official or decided to quit. Also the existing Wod community sees strange new ppl that have max level and max tier (something nobody on Wod sofar had obtained).

Due to the small increase in population, the Wodnix team is extended. Guild leader of SC (Lolo) and Lysergu (babyface) are added. First they run the forum, but later they also become GM's on Wod. Head GM Hypnos does not agree completely with the new GM appointments.

At this time, the whole Wodnix team starts to fall apart. At the beginning of 2008 the server goes down due to a technical problem and Wodnix decides to end the server. Fortunately, Lolo takes over the db and continues.... He becomes the new admin and WodniX remains active in the background to help out. At this point, hard work of the existing Wodnix community starts to pay off. Wodnix server reaches the top position of voting site Vendetta.

Partly due to the new situation, Italian GM Hypnos leaves the server and so becomes a famed name in WodniX hall of fame. Also Lysergu (babyface) decides to quit, mostly due to lack of time. Also several old Davinci players leave. Theaker, part of the SC guild and taub are some of them. In fact, the Davinci server influence on WodniX ends here.

Part 3 (The Romanian age)

WodniX was a dutch server in the old days (based in Holland and with mostly dutch players), but this changes. Since the end of Davinci server, also a dutch server, and the joining of new players, WodniX becomes Romanian influenced. With the change of admin, the new age of WodniX starts. The team is extended with new GM's and also new players come to WodniX. The server is transformed to a PvP server called Eye of the Storm. But unfortunately, this era is very short. Lolo decides to end the server not much later and nothing is heard of him since.

The end

Last edited by Newcleus on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female
Number of posts : 329

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 pm

It's actually :"Romanian" Razz
And you seem to generalize a bit too much .Is it really how it happened? Wink
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:47 pm

babyface wrote:
It's actually :"Romanian" Razz
And you seem to generalize a bit too much .Is it really how it happened? Wink
Lol Lys, reality is in the eye of the beholder study Ehm I mean, since I wrote it it's ofc my side of the story.

Didn't mean to generalize btw. If you mean the Romanian influence, don't think it was a bad influence... Neutral. Just like Dav was Polish influenced... Never heard anybody say sth bad about that...

Btw Obviously I forgot about many ppl in this "history" post. Many more ppl were important, hope I have the time some day to write even more about it Smile
Back to top Go down
-Alla-Xul-
Quite a regular
-Alla-Xul-

Male
Number of posts : 148

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Hah xD I GMed at rAz's server and then left after they did a reset on everything 2 times ...I got tired of releveling people without a database and restoring their items without a database .... they could all be just 60 as far as I care ... I mean ... he was too lazy to save accounts.
So I quit ... WoW that is ... left Smash to my friends and cousin ... and gave all my extra epics to Marduk and his girlfriend.

Everybody pretty much knows the story from that point on ...
But I still sortof miss the old parts of the Dav community .... Mayah ,the E-something dude xD ... but I know there were lots ....
I wonder where they went after rAz ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/isusmen
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:03 pm

-Alla-Xul- wrote:
Hah xD I GMed at rAz's server and then left after they did a reset on everything 2 times ...

But I still sortof miss the old parts of the Dav community .... Mayah ,the E-something dude xD ... but I know there were lots ....
I wonder where they went after rAz ...
Yeah, Zeus really thought they were n00bs, because of that (losing the db several times, that never happened on WodniX clown ). But I didn't know you were GM there Very Happy . In that case, I would have asked u for lvl40 (btw what was yr GM char name?). Btw check www.feenix.nl for the remains of rAz server. They all went to Aleajecta, some Spanish server... Anyway, it was only a few Dav players that went to rAz in the first place. When rAz ended, they checked Dav (I told them to), but Dav never reacted (I told them that was no surprise, they needed to contact Fain) and they saw cheaters on Dav. That's why they moved on...
Back to top Go down
-Alla-Xul-
Quite a regular
-Alla-Xul-

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 pm

It was BowDown or something lke that ... I didn't stay long ... for the reasons which are more then obvious ...

Dav didn't really have much cheaters ...
only glitch abusers = everybody ...
Like in BWL and MC days ... way before mangos ...
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:58 pm

-Alla-Xul- wrote:
It was BowDown or something lke that ... I didn't stay long ... for the reasons which are more then obvious ....
Lol ok! I was already banned at the time you were GM... Very Happy

But yeah, these rAz/Feenix guys saw cheaters (full tier stuff or sth) on Dav and that was the reason they decided not to come to Dav. Bad decision, but ah well. Hope they found what they were looking for on Aleajecta....
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

Number of posts : 82

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:21 pm

heh I checked this Aleajecta out and guess who I met.. the davinci himself Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:24 pm

doelo wrote:
heh I checked this Aleajecta out and guess who I met.. the davinci himself Razz

Lol, no that was (also in the past) a funny misunderstanding. At rAz server there was a player with name Davinci (but he has nothing to do with Dav server)...
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:35 pm

lol.. he actually told me he was davinci himself and he talked dutch.. what more proof do u want Razz
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:23 pm

doelo wrote:
lol.. he actually told me he was davinci himself and he talked dutch.. what more proof do u want Razz
Lol man, I want to believe you, really. But it makes no sense...
Back to top Go down
-Alla-Xul-
Quite a regular
-Alla-Xul-

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Why wouldn't it make sense ... it makes sense to me ... sortof Shocked
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Lol, no man Smile. rAz/Feenix server started when Dav sever was still around. On the Feenix forum and server there was a player called Davinci. This was not Dav, because Dav was running his own server clown.

This guy kept playing on rAz and moved with the others to Aleajecta. Really, davinci server has no reason to play on either rAz or Aleajecta...

Also check his comment on shoutbox www.feenix.nl :

DaVinci [Wed-30-Jan-2008 13:58:58]
WodniX history Avatar2 Aleajecta FTW guys! All the Feenix vets are there! running Blizzlike MaNGOS 2.3 atm

Davinci server would never say this. He would say: go to Lowlands guys!
Back to top Go down
-Alla-Xul-
Quite a regular
-Alla-Xul-

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Newcleus wrote:
-Alla-Xul- wrote:
It was BowDown or something lke that ... I didn't stay long ... for the reasons which are more then obvious ....
Lol ok! I was already banned at the time you were GM... Very Happy

But yeah, these rAz/Feenix guys saw cheaters (full tier stuff or sth) on Dav and that was the reason they decided not to come to Dav. Bad decision, but ah well. Hope they found what they were looking for on Aleajecta....

No you weren't xD
Or did they bann you the second day ? O_O
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female
Number of posts : 329

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:44 pm

The easyest way is to find out from Dav himself so i asked him What a Face
He did play on that server once in a while under the name of Davinci or Megahunt , but now his accounts are all dead.So Dani was right tongue
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Shocked lol I hate to be wrong, but if I am: ok, sorry about that! Smile

And ehm, Smash, u might be correct about ban on the 2nd day.... (nah, think I did not meet u on-line those first few days...) Btw, who else started from the start as GM on rAz?
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:07 pm

Eleonoria if you remember her.
Back to top Go down
doelo
Not too shy to talk

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:11 am

heh that b*tch XD dunno if it was a girl but I thought so Razz always in fight with her Razz
Back to top Go down
-Alla-Xul-
Quite a regular
-Alla-Xul-

Male

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 am

He wasn't a GM in start xD
But it was funny how he hit 20+ every 2 days and then the server deleted the database xD
Back to top Go down
boxdoy
Just popping in

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-23

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm

WodniX history First_10

that are good times!!! me (elice) same whit (magina (my friend) )
thnx to zeus and newcleus for the gread time we have.!

see you:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WodniX history Empty
PostSubject: Re: WodniX history   WodniX history Empty

Back to top Go down

WodniX history
Page 1 of 1