Davinci Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft fanatics

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout it!

ShoutMix chat widget

Frisian language

Go down 
+3
Caesar
Newcleus
babyface
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male
Number of posts : 216
Humor : No
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Frisian language - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:48 pm

Caesar wrote:
perhaps thats cause of your grandfather, + the fact that you live quite near frisian Razz (about a hour away by car?)
Nah, don't think so. Can't even remember last time I was in Friesland or talked to any Frisian ppl (except for u guys ofc! Razz ). But ofc in the past heard this "language" (no offense, I consider it a dialect Razz ). Also heard that in Leeuwarden they even speak a different Frisian... Shocked

Sad Hmm, Polish.... Now u make me sad again, cause all those Polish guys r gone.... But btw I think Polish is not similar to Romanian language (have no idea, maybe Lys can tell sth about it).
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male
Number of posts : 165
Humor : South Park!

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 am

I think the diffrence between frisian and dutch is too big to consider frisian as a dialect ;p
and yeh, elder ppl have diffrent way of speaking than the younger generation
aswell there are area's that speak diffrent than the other Razz

but still dunno wether you live near the beach ;o

oh, and believe me, polish ppl place the ' on such weird letters, writing and talking is so diffrent that I don't think you'd understand quickly no matter how much you would like to
and don't be sad, I'm sure some are still here checking the forum ;p and I still have contact with some of them Wink
Back to top Go down
MadPharmacist
Just popping in
MadPharmacist

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Newcleus wrote:
I think Polish is not similar to Romanian language
ofc not.Polish is west slavic,but romanian is a romance language
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male
Number of posts : 464
Humor : Lolertanus.

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 8:04 pm

marian

waht kidna beach?
a beach at the sea or at a lake?
cuz new lives like 15 min with bike from my place lol

and i only live close to beaches on lakes. beaches on sea. rofl. tbh dont even kno.

most crap here is a (dijk) no beach Razz
Back to top Go down
http://reddepaddo.nl/
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Caesar wrote:
but still dunno wether you live near the beach ;o
...ehm... beach? I don't get it... No (what I do know is that we live beneath sea level... Shocked

@madPh: Mmm, did those Roman guys also occupy Romania? I must say my knowledge here runs a but short.... Embarassed But I'm curious to know if there is any similarity between Italian/French/Spanish and that language in Romania (but that's a whole new topic).

With Polish I always think of samples from Red Alert II, like "for mother Russia" or "at least I have job". Maybe these languages in former Yugoslavia and Poland are closer to Russian..? Curious how little we know about these countries behind the former "iron curtain"....
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:03 am

doh, you said you live near A'dam, right?Razz so thats could be near the beach from Noord-Holland ;p (where terrandria lives)

all I know is like 2 hours from here by car, you get to this huge beach near Julianadorp, thats on the sea..
but I see now on the map that A'dam will probably go to the lake called IJsselmeer

sometimes wonder why you all don't meet when you live so near :p but guess for terrandria that'd be too late
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:02 am

lol its defenatly longer from Almere. then from w/e in noord holland. to get to friesland XD.
like u have to go all the way around the stupd "ijselmeer"rofl. i tought this terrandia lived closer to Zwolle/that direction.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:50 pm

so it takes you more time to go to the beach then us? :/
or I just don't have a clue what ur saying now Razz

and afaik terrandria lives near Alkmaar ;p
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Caesar wrote:
doh, you said you live near A'dam, right?Razz so thats could be near the beach from Noord-Holland ;p (where terrandria lives)

all I know is like 2 hours from here by car, you get to this huge beach near Julianadorp, thats on the sea..
but I see now on the map that A'dam will probably go to the lake called IJsselmeer
Lol, now you make me said again Sad (talking about Terr)... Anyway, depends what side of A'dam you live when going to Friesland. Guess most ppl go via Almere (where Theak and I live Smile ). And lol you're wrong: A'dam ppl will go to Zandvoort when going to the beach... Ofc there's also several lakes, but that's not the "real" beach...
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Quote :
Lol, now you make me said again Sad (talking about Terr)...

quite a emotional type, are ya? ;p
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 pm

Caesar wrote:
so it takes you more time to go to the beach then us? :/
or I just don't have a clue what ur saying now Razz

and afaik terrandria lives near Alkmaar ;p

well i dont realy like the beach that much (atleast dutch beach)
but if we wanna go to Real beach. we have to go to Zantvoort XD. and dunno but its i think 1 hour with car or more. not sure tbh cuz like. i never do that crap. and when i did it was to long ago Razz

but if u mean beaches connected to lakes. then wel lol 25 min with bus from my place and im in some sort of beach XD.
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Caesar wrote:
quite a emotional type, are ya? ;p
Lol, just made me think about last days of Dav when I had the "honor" to go to BRD with Terr (or Utheria to be correct). She had been on Dav very long time, but I never had a char around same lvl until that moment Rolling Eyes . Even have some screens of it...!

Anyway, maybe I should say what most of us have already done: forget about it, move on, don't look back...

@Theak: u'r talking about Almeerderzand?
Back to top Go down
Theaker
Home away from home
Theaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Newcleus wrote:
@Theak: u'r talking about Almeerderzand?

rofl. almeerderzand aint on the sea. its on that fucking lame lake there Razz
read post again XD:P
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Theaker wrote:
rofl. almeerderzand aint on the sea. its on that fucking lame lake there Razz
read post again XD:P
Lol I did! I meant the beaches connected to lakes (25 min with bus). It's not the real beach, I know, but there's is also more beaches connected to lakes than Almeerderzand...

Used to go there before it was called Almeerderzand (when I lived closer to A'dam).

@Caesar: But what is Julianadorp? Must say never heard of a huge beach somewhere in the north....
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:10 pm

look it up at the lovely map google provides us on this forum Razz it's just underneath Den Helder
used to go there few times a year back when I was lil ^_^
Back to top Go down
MadPharmacist
Just popping in
MadPharmacist

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Newcleus wrote:

@madPh: Mmm, did those Roman guys also occupy Romania? I must say my knowledge here runs a but short.... Embarassed But I'm curious to know if there is any similarity between Italian/French/Spanish and that language in Romania (but that's a whole new topic).

Romanian is descend from Latin

Newcleus wrote:
With Polish I always think of samples from Red Alert II, like "for mother Russia" or "at least I have job". Maybe these languages in former Yugoslavia and Poland are closer to Russian..? Curious how little we know about these countries behind the former "iron curtain"....

Slavic ppl
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female
Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:15 am

Em..em...Flipp, u'r not Romanian are you? affraid That would be too weird lol. pale
@New actually at 1st where Ro is there were some people named "daci" .Basically they were occupieing a slow portion of teritorry but they were strong even if they were litlle in nr.Romans saw them as a problem and attacked them in 101 and they lost.So in 106 they attacked again and they won.So then the romans turned our country back then in a part of the Roman empire.So by teh combination of the Romans and the Daci eventually in 1600 (or so) Romania was formed after a biig history i'm not gonna get into now What a Face
So, yeah, they ganked us also Razz
As for the latin nationalities most of them were a part of the conquers of the Roman Empire.So they have some latin in their origins.
Back to top Go down
MadPharmacist
Just popping in
MadPharmacist

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:10 pm

babyface wrote:
Em..em...Flipp, u'r not Romanian are you?

im Russian
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Aha.Makes sense now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MadPharmacist
Just popping in
MadPharmacist

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 1:23 pm

babyface wrote:
Aha.Makes sense now Very Happy

m?what makes sence?
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm

ur attitude amongst others Razz
Back to top Go down
Gizmo
Just popping in

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Flip why did you tell me that you came from lativia or something. Could be another name for russia. Just like the Sovjet union
Back to top Go down
Newcleus
Just can't stay away
Newcleus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Lol Wiki, thanks! (why didn't I think of that?)

Btw maybe this chart also explains why (at least for me) Italian is difficult to understand, while French and Spanish seem more similar.

babyface wrote:
So, yeah, they ganked us also Razz
Lol I can't remember if those Roman guys actually occupied all of the Netherlands (I know about part of the south, but probably they didn't like the wheater so stopped there....)

Anyway, that Slavic info is very usefull. Fortunately, I didn't call Romanian ppl Slavic. (Would that be a very big insult? Wink )
Back to top Go down
babyface
Home away from home
babyface

Female

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 pm

dont care that much about nationatilies Neutral
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Quite a regular
Caesar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Quote :
Lol I can't remember if those Roman guys
actually occupied all of the Netherlands (I know about part of the
south, but probably they didn't like the wheater so stopped there....)

actually they reached till the middle, as there was nothing to stop the sea from flooding the land on the north each day, they weren't able to reach the ppl on the north, while ppl already living there could, as they build their houses on hills where the water wouldn't reach Wink
(I believe back then the north was already called Frisian Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisian language   Frisian language - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisian language
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Davinci Community :: Other languages- Tests-
Jump to: